Lawn Mowing Services in Calvert County, MD
Our standard lawn mowing services includes proper grass cutting, sharp edging, string trimming. Additionally, a consistent mowing schedule throughout the year keeps your lawn pristine. Likewise from the last frost in the spring to the first frost in fall, most Maryland lawn owners face 7 months of mowing. Finally, if you have a lawn, mowing is inevitable.
Mowing requires time for the labor, strength and portability for trimming removal, persistence for weed control, and maintenance for equipment. Leave the labor to Calvert Lawn Care and savor the time you reclaim!
Lawn Mowing Services from April through November
The easiest way to keep your lawn looking pristine all year long is to invest in professional lawn mowing. Routine and proper grass cutting is more important for healthy lawn growth than even fertilizer or irrigation.
In Southern, MD, the prime growing season starts in April and goes through the end of October. During this time, we provide weekly (or as needed) lawn mowing services, which will typically be 25-35 cuts per year.
Did you know grass clippings are about 75% water?
We leave your grass clippings on the lawn after a mow to provide extra nutrients!
The 3 Critical Mowing Factors
Believe it or not, there are right and wrong ways to cut a lawn for maximum benefits. To do it correctly, we need to be consistent, cut at the proper height, and use sharp blades to ensure we don’t tear the grass blades.
We also take care to mow in different patterns and use proper equipment, this eliminates ruts and marks within your turf. Here are the three most important factors we take into account when mowing your lawn:
- Frequency: Your lawn should be cut regularly and follow the one-third rule, which means mowing should be done often enough that no more than one-third is trimmed at a time. This means weekly mows during the prime growing season and bi-weekly towards the end of the season.
- Height: The healthy height for your turf depends on the kind of grass you have. We keep Zoysia and Bermuda grasses to about 1.5-2 inches in height, whereas Kentucky Bluegrass and Fescue can be left a little longer and maintain 3-4 inches in height during prime growing seasons.
- Mower Blades: Are they sharp enough? Sharp mower blades are imperative to a healthy cut. We keep ours sharp at all times ensuring your lawn gets a clean cut each time. Mowing with dull blades will tear the grass, causing stress when regrowing.
Edging, Trimming & Blowing too!
Our lawn care packages include more than just mowing. Therefore, those tough to reach areas, we provide string-trimming around your home, trees, fence, patio, or other obstacles. Additionally, we also use blowers to return trimmings back onto your lawn to nourish the grass and soil.
Mowing Consistency is Key
When it comes to caring for your property, consistency is key! Investing in weekly lawn mowing services will greatly improve the natural growth and look of your grass. Lawn mowing regularly is proven to:
- Maintain a beautiful exterior for your home or business
- Keep weeds from sprouting
- Combat pests
- Keep lawns at the correct height to receive optimal sun and hydration
A technique we use during the peak mowing season to help alleviate excessive grass clipping from smothering your lawn. We may also use other equipment and techniques. This service is done when deemed necessary by our lawn technicians or can be requested by you with possible pre-approved charges.
Mowing for multi-acre properties
With our 60” commercial mowers, we can service large residential yards, multi-acre in size. Caring for a lawn can often be something you just don’t have time for, but it can also be challenging when you do not know the proper techniques or have the equipment to help your lawn thrive.
At Calvert Lawn Care, we make sure everything your lawn requires is provided.
Lawn mowing for homeowners!
Homeowners in Calvert County, MD, give us a call to set up a lawn mowing package that’s right for you and see the true potential of your lawn!
Phone or Text (410) 777-5650
Lawn mowing service in Dunkirk, Lawn mowing service in Owings, Lawn mowing service in Chaneyville, Lawn mowing service in Chesapeake Beach, Lawn mowing service in Sunderland, Lawn mowing service in Huntingtown, Lawn mowing service in Prince Frederick.